Are you a local charity, non-profit or worthy cause in Airdrie and surrounding area (Crossfield, Balzac, Beiseker, Irricana, Kathryn, Madden, etc)?
How can charitable organizations access funds donated by the members of 100+ Women Who Care Airdrie?
- Members in good standing nominate an organization for consideration.
- Three nominations are randomly drawn and vetted by the steering committee. Representatives of the non-profits are notified and asked to make a 5 minute presentation at the meeting and members vote. The organization with the greatest amount of votes is the recipient of the funds that evening and is removed from the selection process for a period of two years.
NOTE: A successful organization who receives our group nomination is not eligible for future consideration for three years. For example, successful charities from our inaugural Fall, 2016 – Spring, 2017 year (Airdrie POWER, Airdrie Festival of Lights, Airdrie Lioness Hamper Program, Airdrie & District Hospice) may be nominated again as early as our Fall, 2019 – Spring, 2020 year.
All the nonprofits that are nominated must agree to the following criteria:
- Commit to spending a substantial portion of the funds awarded by our members in the Airdrie and area when the products and services are available locally.
- Agree not to solicit the members directly for further contributions.
- Agree not to create, sell or distribute a list with our members’ contact information.
- After funds are awarded, provide a spokesperson to present to our members at a future meeting.
- Must not have been a 100+ Women Who Care Airdrie awarded non-profit in the past three years.
We, the members of 100 Women Who Care Airdrie, are a passionate and engaged bunch. We support causes we feel connected to, give back to our community in a meaningful way and have a message that resonates with us. We may not always have the time to volunteer with your organization, but we want to learn as much as we can and support however we can. And with the 100 Women Who Care model, that means a cash donation that goes right into your pocket. No red-tape and no hassle.