What Charities are eligible?
- Must be based in, and/or provide service directly to Airdrie citizens.
- registered charities and non-registered non-profit organisations are applicable.
- Must be previously established for at least 1 year (no start-ups)
- Must be nominated by a member
- Must not have received the 100 Women Who Care Airdrie funds in the last 2 calendar years
- May not present at back to back meetings
- Commit to spending a substantial portion of the funds awarded by our members in the Airdrie and area when the products and services are available locally.
- Agree not to solicit the members directly for further contributions.
- Agree not to create, sell or distribute a list with our members’ contact information.
- 3 nominated charities are randomly drawn 2 weeks prior to the event
- if selected to present, Representatives are notified and asked to complete a short questionnaire
- Representatives are asked to make a 5 minute presentation at the meeting
- the members must be notified if the charity is unable to provide tax receipt.
- The organization with the greatest amount of votes is the recipient of the funds that evening
To nominate your charity please click on the NOMINATE tab and complete the simple google form.