What Happens at a Meeting?
** Due to Covid 19 our meetings are being held virtually via our emailed newsletter. Our hope is to resume in-person meetings as soon as safe and possible**
Have you committed to helping your community but you haven’t been to a meeting yet? Here’s a what to expect at one of our quarterly meetings.
1) We host a half hour networking session before the meeting starts. There’s a cash bar and an opportunity to meet your fellow members. A volunteer will greet you at the door and, if you’re a “newbie”, we will take a moment to introduce you to a few other members.
Come for as long or as little of the networking session as you would like. It starts promptly at 7pm and ends exactly at 7:30pm.
2) The meeting starts with a committee leader greeting our presenters and members. They will share any housekeeping notes at this time. Then the big reveal! We share the three selected charities with our membership – all of which have been nominated by a member, randomly selected from the hat, and vetted by the founders.
3) We hear from our 3 selected organizations. A presenter from each charity has 5 minutes only to share with our membership what their organization would do with the donation if they are chosen.
4) Voting. After hearing all three presentations, each member votes by secret ballot who they would like to donate to. Volunteers collect the ballots and whisk them away for counting.
5) Charity update. While the votes are being tallied, we hear an update from the last organization who received a donation from us. They fill us in on how our support has impacted their organization and the progress of the programming the funds were earmarked for.
6) Selected Charity Announcement. Everyone takes out their cheque books and waits with anticipation for the selected charity to be revealed. Once members know who to write the cheque to, they do so right in the room.
7) Meeting wrap up. Our committee leaders wrap up the meeting by letting members know where the next meeting will be held and congratulating all nominated charities.
8) Before you leave, remember to drop your name badge off at the registration desk at the entrance. A team of volunteers will make sure that all of your information is accurate so you will receive your tax receipt (if applicable) in a timely fashion.
Have question? Have you checked our FAQ Section? It has lots of great information whether you’re a new member or have been with us since the beginning.
Don’t see the answer you’re looking for on the website? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.