100+ Women to choose worthy Airdrie and surrounding area charities to support. We aim to raise at least $40,000 per year.
Giving should be easy! And fun! Now it is. Join us here.
- Bring together 100 (or more) women in Airdrie & Area who care about local community causes and who are committed to community service.
- Meet for an hour. (or less!)
- Jointly select a local charity or non-profit organization (nominated 2 weeks ahead of time).
- Each write a $100** cheque, cash or EMT (email@example.com, Password: 100wwca) to the selected organization and watch how the group’s commitment turns into a $10,000+ donation.
- Do that four times a year and witness how $40,000 can improve the lives of our neighbours when placed in the hands of deserving grass-roots agencies working to serve the local community.
How We Work
- Each Member commits to donating $100 per meeting, four times a year.
- Meetings are diligently conducted in one hour or less.
- Any member who has signed a Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may nominate an organization for consideration at a meeting.
- The nominating members of three randomly selected organizations will make a five minute presentation about the organization to the group and a Q&A session will follow.
- Each member who has signed a Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may vote (by ballot) for one of the three organizations.
- Each member will write a cheque, submit cash or send an Etransfer (firstname.lastname@example.org, Password: 100wwca) prior to the meeting to receive a ballot to vote.
- The selected organization will receive a group donation of $10,000 or more!
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the organization.
- Members who are unable to attend a meeting are expected to communicate with the 100WWCA Committee PRIOR to the meeting to arrange payment of donation as well as a ballot for voting.
- Organizations under consideration must serve the Airdrie area and provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members if they are a registered charity
- An organization not selected at one meeting may be submitted again at a subsequent meeting.
- A successful organization is not eligible for future consideration for 1 year but the nominating member may submit the name of another organization.
- Organizations are also only valid if member who nominated them are in good standing.
- Ties will be decided by randomly selecting one of the tied organizations by draw.
- The selected organization must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- Each meeting will open with a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful organization.
- are committed to helping others in our community but are stretched for time;
- want to be part of a powerful group of local women making an immediate, direct and positive effect on the lives of our neighbours;
- want 100% of your donations to go directly to local charity;
- want to learn more about the many worthy community service programs and organizations servicing Calgary.