1) We host a half hour networking session before the meeting starts. There’s a cash bar as well as menus to order food. This is a great opportunity to meet your fellow members. One of our leading ladies or a volunteer will greet you at the door and, we will take a moment to check you in and explain a little bit about what will be happening. At this point, if we have not received your donation, we will collect your $100 donation for the evening whether that be cash, cheque(made out to 100 Women Who Care Airdrie) or Etransfer(firstname.lastname@example.org, Password: 100wwca). Once donation has been received you will receive a ballot with the three presenting charities on it.
Come for as long or as little of the networking session as you would like. It starts promptly at 7pm and ends exactly at 7:30pm.
2) The meeting starts with a committee leader greeting our presenters and members. They will share any housekeeping notes at this time. We share the three selected charities with our membership – all of which have been nominated by a member, randomly selected from the hat, and vetted by the founders.
3) We hear from our 3 selected organizations. A presenter from each charity has ONLY 5 minutes only to share with our membership what their organization would do with the donation if they are chosen.
4) Voting. After hearing all three presentations, each member votes by secret ballot who they would like to donate to. Volunteers collect the ballots and whisk them away for counting. If you didn’t receive a
5) Charity update. While the votes are being tallied, we hear an update from the last organization who received a donation from us. They fill us in on how our support has impacted their organization and the progress of the programming the funds were earmarked for.
6) Selected Charity Announcement. Everyone celebrates and cheers!
7) Meeting wrap up. Our committee leaders wrap up the meeting by letting members know where the next meeting will be held and congratulating all nominated charities.
8) Before you leave, remember to drop your name badge off at the registration desk at the entrance. A team of volunteers will make sure that all of your information is accurate so you will receive your tax receipt(if applicable) in a timely fashion. If you have any questions to ask the committee leaders please take this time to do so. We are an open book. If you would like to volunteer at a meeting please send us an email or let us know at the meeting.
Have question? Have you checked our FAQ Section? It has lots of great information whether you’re a new member or have been with us since the beginning.